Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"Writing dialogue is FUN!" I lied.

Phillip slowly became aware of his wife, Gerta, glaring at him through his peripheral vision.
     "What do you want," groaned Phillip.
     "I see you reading the classifieds. Stop looking for more cats to adopt," Gerta exclaimed, "we already have six".
     Phillip threw his arms up, "But why!"
     "I have had enough of cats! Our house smells and there is fur everywhere. You are ridiculous."
     "Look, I love cats okay. They are my favourite little soft balls of fur," mumbled a very disgruntled Phillip.
     "Honey," soothed Gerta, "I know you love them. But don't you think six is enough? You can hardly remember all their names."
     Phillip turned to his wife, "This is very important to me, Gerta. Cats are my life. They soothe my soul."
     "You're just being dramatic. I know you don't need more cats, you're just being greedy!"
     "How dare you say that! I want a divorce!" roared Phillip.
     "Good!" Gerta shouted. "I don't want to be married to a smelly cat man anyway!"
     "I'm going to own ten thousand cats and you won't be able to do anything about it. Good BYE, Gerta!" Phillip growled, hopping out of bed and storming off.

1 comment:

  1. All assignments complete. Writing is polished. Would like a more serious tone in the Macleans article. Gr 12 assignment is great!

    ReplyDelete